In December, I posted a video about how to get 10 uses out of one piece of content. One of the methods I higlhlighted was Scribd. Scribd is a social media channel which allows you to share your published documents, .pdfs, Powerpoints, etc. You can upload materials for people to access for free — or you can sell on the site. Scribd started out being for academics, but now it is used by small businesses, individuals, large companies. non profits, etc. It is like giant virtual library. And, it is easy to add your material to it.
Here are some reasons to consider submitting your documents to Scribd:
- Having your material available on Scribd is a good way to get more traffic to your site.
- Since many of the people who use Scribd are academics and large companies, submitting your material to Scribd is a great way to establish yourself as an expert.
- You can boost your presence on the web (Scribd is just one more place where people can find you.
- By featuring your content in more places, you can increase the chances that it will go viral.
- You can sell your ebooks
- Scribd provides great backlinks to your site
- Remember – Scribd is not just for e-books – you can also upload recipes, white papers, manuals, articles and essays.
Scribd is a great place to share your work and to allow more people to learn about you and your brand. The more places your content is featured, the easier it is for people to find you – and to find your website.