If you have been online for a while you may have heard of PLR or Private Label Rights materials. These are simply articles or material, e-books etc., that you purchase and then use as your own material.
Depending on the rights that are sold with the articles you can usually change the material if necessary and put your own name on it as the author. It is actually an extremely helpful and useful way to get more information to post on blogs, websites and ezines or newsletters.
Before I go into some creative ways to use PLR let's talk a little bit about why it's ok. When I start to talk about PLR the first thing people say to me is that they can't use it because it isn't their personal work – people feel like they must write their own stuff. My quick response is to ask the following question “Do you think Donald Trump writes his own books?” The answer, of course, is no. He has a writer who puts things together and then sends them to him for review before it goes into the book – PLR is the same thing. Someone else writes it but you have final say and re-wording authority if necessary.
5 Uses for the PLR you already have sitting on your hard drive!
1. Use them as a blog post! If you have joined us for the Ultimate Blog Challenge then this one is a really good use for those articles. You can check out my previous post “6 Profitable Uses for PLR Articles” for more info on blogging use.
2. Record an audio book version! Remember that people learn in different formats and some people prefer audio. You could sell your recordings on I-Tunes or Amazon.
3. Use the content for postcards or mailers! Are you connecting with your audience both online and offline? PLR material is great for offline marketing as well.
4. Split that e-book up! Do you have PLR e-books on your hard drive? These can normally be split into smaller articles to be used as blog posts or newsletter articles. They also make great information to share with your email list.
5. Pull out the tweets! If you have purchased quality PLR then you will surely find great little nuggets of information that can be re-purposed for use on Twitter.
I know that not all PLR is created equally so I am very particular about where I purchase. Click here for more information on my favorite PLR providers.