Imagine… you find out your child has cancer… your life of worries about Boy Scouts and football games and changed to doing anything and everything to save your child's life.
Where can you turn?
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
The support of caring people like you helps St. Jude Children's Research Hospital continue its lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children. St. Jude founder Danny Thomas believed that “no child should die in the dawn of life,” and your donations help bring us closer to the day when every precious life can be saved.
I am so amazed by this mission that I have set a goal of raising $10,000 for St. Jude's – Can you help? Donate $20 here.
How do your donations help?
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, we have the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
How is St. Jude making a difference for sick children?
- St. Jude freely shares the breakthroughs we make, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened 50 years ago.
- St. Jude is where doctors send their toughest cases because we have the best world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute.
- St. Jude has embarked on an unprecedented effort to sequence the pediatric cancer genome and to identify the genetic changes that give rise to some of the world's deadliest childhood cancers. Read more.
How are donations used?
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. We won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- It costs $1.9 million a day to operate St. Jude, and public donations provide more than 75 percent of our funding.
Donate now to help St. Jude save the lives of children in communities everywhere.