I have a knack of being able to be full of energy on a regular basis – to the outside world that is. This is something that people comment on, wanting to know how I’m always upbeat. There’s no magic, just little techniques, and here are six that may help you appear the same.
- Love what you do because it’s so much easier to immerse yourself in that even if you don’t initially feel like it. We all have down days but when what you do in your life fires you up, your energy will build again when you step into it and you’ll get back into flow.
- Smile, even if you don’t really feel like it. I suppose this could be seen to fall under the ‘fake it till you make it’ umbrella but it does work. As you walk out your door or get out of your car, switch on your smile. It’s very hard not to feel good when all those endorphins are pumping round your body. Even on the phone, putting a smile on your face automatically makes you feel better.
- Make sure you look and feel good. Know what suits you and have a couple of outfits easily accessible that you can pull on, and that make you feel wonderful. These are likely to be comfortable, perhaps colourful and ones that people have commented on previously. Take extra care with your make up and wear your favourite piece of jewellery. People always comment on my long purple velvet coat, even stopping me in the street. It makes such an impact that it doesn’t really matter what I wear underneath, it feels great, it moves easily and I feel fabulous.
- Be in the moment. Let the things that might be worrying you go, forget about what happened before or what might happen after, just focus on the here and now. Take a moment to feel grounded with your feet firmly on the ground and check in with your body.
- Breathe – Many of us have shallow breathing or a tendency to hold our breath without even realising it. These are both energy drainers. Get into the habit of practicing this. Close your eyes and breathe in through your nose to the count of four, pause for a count of four and exhale to the count of eight, also through your nose. This will make you feel more energised and calm.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. One of my colleagues came along to a meeting today, she was feeling a little fluey and ‘out of sorts’ but she left with a smile on her face feeling energised and ready to face the world. Why? The energy, camaraderie and support from the other women pulled her in and she couldn’t help but be affected.
Try these out and let me know how you get on and add your own energy tip below.
Heather Waring is British and her business is based in Britain – she is the rock behind many a business. If you want to make things happen in your life and business, to get more clients and make more money, to have more balance in life, more ease and flow, joy and satisfaction, this is why Heather does what she does. Having plans is one thing, making them happen is another. From time to time we all need help to keep us on track, to steady our focus, to deliver the proverbial kick! That's where Heather comes in. Find out more at her website – waringwell.com