Today is the first day of the Summer 2012 Ultimate Blog Challenge. The challenge is to write a blog post every day for the next 31 days. The icing on the cake is that not only will you get into the habit of regular blogging, the Ultimate Blog challenge is a terrific community – so you’ll promote your posts on Facebook and Twitter. As a UBC member, you’ll also have the chance to promote other people’s posts — it is a win/win.
Here are my blog challenge results from the April challenge:
- Unique visitors to my website went up by 24%
- The number of visits up went by 36%
- Hits went up by 41% over last month.
I think that your results could be even better since this not the first time I’ve been involved in the challenge.
My plan for the blog challenge (good news for you!)
The easiest way to succeed in getting 31 blog posts written is to come up with a plan. I spent some time thinking about what kinds of content would benefit you the most. I thought about what most of you are asking me about:
- How to build your list
- How to get started speaking
- How to make your blog more effective
- What systems you need to build in your business, and
- How to write a book (I’ve written two – it isn’t that hard -but you need to focus on it).
You can either pick one “track” and work your way through it with me — or do a little of everything. My promise is that if you stick with me and do a little each day – your business will escape the summer doldrums and you’ll have a big head start on everyone else come Fall.
So, to get started, what are you planning on doing this summer to build your business.